Sunday, May 22, 2011

all in

At yesterday's ET, I received a more detailed explanation of our fert report. Of the 28 eggs retrieved, 21 were immature. Of the 7 mature eggs, 4 fertilized and grew well. Not a bad fertilization percentage, but it appears we should either have waited another day before the trigger or given my body a few more hours between trigger and retrieval. The doctor who did the transfer was more in favor of increasing the trigger-retrieval interval, which kind of scares me... if it's off by even the smallest margin, the whole cycle could be destroyed by ovulation. I read in someone else's blog about an embryology lab that tries to mature eggs in vitro. I should have asked her about that, and I'll certainly do some online research if we should need another cycle. In any case, as I said to her yesterday, it's all moot because this cycle IS going to work.

Our four mature, fertilized embies looked great. We had one 4-cell with no fragmentation, two 4-cell embies with minimal fragmentation, and a 2-cell with minimal fragmentation. Assisted hatching was done to all four of them to promote implantation. Now we wait. Beta is schedule for June 3rd, but I'll POAS on 5/31, at 10DP2DT. I got my +HPT 9DP3DT, so that shouldn't be too early. Here goes the TWW!

4 comments:

  1. oh it's so heartbreaking when they pull immature eggs. Thinking of you over the tww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy PUPO B,
    I know CCRM does some maturation post retrieval but that is not anything I know much about--
    but
    4 beautiful embryos is a beautiful thing, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    I did assisted hatching this last cycle and I think it made a difference for us.

    Best of luck
    xoxo
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your 2ww be speedy and successful! Sending sticky thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete